blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

look more

more race reports and funny videos, enjoy.

brisbane criterium antics by the norcal team.


race reports:

[sean neilson / roger millikan / crit 14 feb 2010]
sean neilson 7th

The Milikan Crit is held in Brea. The race was to go off at 1:25 so it gave me plenty of time to sleep in and watch Rocky 5. Just for a little inspiration, cause Mickey loves ya! Ha ah!

Anywho, the course is a four corner course with a 2-3% climb from the exit of turn 3 into turn 1, a slight down hill out of turn 2 and into 3, and there are 2 fast ’s’ curves between 4-1 and 2-3. The sun was out, and it was an awesome day for racing. The field was full and it was gonna be fun. Race started fairly easily and I quickly slotted in right behind Mike. I stayed at the front of the field for a few laps and about 4-5 laps in I gave a little effort to test the waters and see how I felt. I rolled off the front a little and saw that no one wanted to come with so I just sat up as to not use too much so early. I blended back in and for the next few laps the field was not wanting to do too much until about halfway a couple of guys decided to attack. They would dangle out front for a few laps but with the help of a few other riders they were reeled in. With about 10 minutes left another attack came and nobody responded. The chase would finally form with only a lap or two to go and unfortunately it never came back. With 2 to go it was time to move forward and get ready for a sprint. I was able to move up into the top 15 or so going into turn 3 and went around the outside of turn 4 to move up to top 10. I was able to open up a sprint and moved up to 7th at the finish. Decent finish and cannot complain as it’s more socal cup points for the team and myself. Until next time keep those pedals turning.

image

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home