blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Monday, July 16, 2007

QUICK COLD INDUCED MESSAGE

Under the Alpine sunshine



well today is the first rest day for 'day tour. i didn't get a chance to post my fav's for stage 8, as i made the journey down to SD to pick up a bike from masi and to see my mom. unfortunately i was feeling a little too well after a long hot humid 5 hours in the saddle early saturday, and i got to SD late [10:30pm] and proceeded to stay up later than i should have watching versus [i haven't had cable / sat at home for over 3 years now, as i was addicted TV]. or maybe it was the fact that i got up like clockwork at 5:30am [5 hours of sleep after a hard day at the office is not enough for an ol' man] to watch stage 8.

what a great stage, it was worth everything, my boy rasmussen was better than better, he was 'parfait. i know i didn't get my picks in on time, but you can tell by my previous ones that all of my fav's finish in front. i am a believer, i think that rasmussen has been preparing for this and his TT will surprise us all. that is my prediction, and if vino and klöden don't recover, than evans, levi, moreau and valverde will be fighting it out for dominance, along with an effort by sastre, mayo and possibly schleck. oh and mayo, it was so great to see him ride like his potential says he can. but i think contador noses him out for acceleration ride of the day, his climbing acceleration was on fire yesterday.


[mayo is back]



i will go out on a limb, while i can't breath or think straight
final podium
- rasmussen
- evans
- levi [cowboy up levi and ride like levi not lance]

stage 7
well, i knew in my heart that something spectacular would happen and linus [not pronounced like the peanuts character] did not let me down. another great day of racing. and i think my boys all finish in front of masiguy. just saying.

ok, my cold / flu has sent me a text message and it is time for another nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home