blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Thursday, May 24, 2007

FIRST

well today was the first day back on the powercranks. it has been over 6 weeks since i went down hard and apparently didn't hit my head hard enough to knock some sense into me... so today i remounted my trusty blue masi steed and rode the PC's for a while in place. i seldom like riding the trainer, but one step at a time. i felt good, considering, my legs were like wood, but my shoulder held me up and the pain only came after the ride. so i learned that i am more comfortable on the bike than off and it just felt good to feel alive again.

this saturday some teammates, civilians, and a few fellow ol' guys, etc. will be taking me out on my first actual ride on the road, albeit flat and probably confined to the river bike lane. so if you are in the hollywood area, let me know and come join us.


[not very pretty, but i am back on the horse]

1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Tim Jackson said…

    Good boy.

    Go easy and slow... oh yeah... never mind... you've got that covered already.

    (You know I love you, right?)

    Glad to see that you're getting your skinny ass back on the leather-like seat again. Won't be that long before you're pulling hard on the bars again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home