blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Friday, July 13, 2007

FRENCH 'day REVOLUTION

give me freedom or give me death, oops, wrong day....
so it is to be the traditional french french french day at the tour, as in bastille day, as in a frenchman is usually afforded the opportunity to win a stage. it could happen, but my gut tells me otherwise with so many teams hurting and astana not firing on all fronts, it could be a day to take some ground. or christophe moreau could win. now the french teams and or riders do have a good chance to score some points tomorrow, but for some reason i think a GC contender is going to pluck a win, take some yellow and or just earn some time. my humble advise to evans [my perennial underdog] and levi [my perennial american underdog podium hopeful], kick vino while he's down, cause if he recovers, he will be a mad dog on a mission to eat up everything that is not in kazak blue [everyone's thinking it, i'm just saying that on a good day klöden is smarter and thus faster at the end of a tour]. so where does that leave me, in a funk to pick some podium finishers. but i guess i will go with



stage 7 [sorry i missed stage 6, but come on it was only a sprinter stage]

1] christophe moreau [he is wearing the national colors after all and this may be the last day for an actual climbing stage win for him before rasmussen gets kicking]
2] chris 'i copied jim's hairstyle' horner [well, cause i like his style, he dislikes french teams, and this too may be his last chance at a breakaway climbing finish win, before he has to work for evans]
3] jérôme pineau [well, he's french and he kicks my ass up mountains]

reserves: ivan parra, iban mayo [don't laugh, he's still better than you, he's obviously off the 'vitamins'], stefan schumacher [just kidding, he doesn't stand a chance, even if he is wearing blue], so my last reserve is felix cardenas.

crap is paolo savoldelli in this race? it's a decent finish after a steep climb... oh, i was going to mention that i whopping masiguy's picks arse, but he didn't mention me so i am not going to mention him [come on, your a big fat 6'4 sprinter and you don't even pick boonen for the last bunch stage before the alps? just joshing ya bro, love ya, especially when your a huge big wind block in front of me and your always in front of me], but i will mention BK, she's nice.

ok that's it, my arm hurts and i have to get up and get my ass handed to me by the juniors on our team.


[do i look fat in these bibs?]

1 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Queen of Couth said…

    Hey dude. Thanks for the mention. We agree on one rider today, but well, what are you going to do. There are a lot to choose from!
    Keep it up
    Peace Out
    bk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home