blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Monday, March 26, 2007

RBS DOWN

breaking news for all rbs readers, supporters, fan, and friends. sunday he sustained a broken collar bone at the LA circuit race. more details too come, sorry no over the bar wheel stands to show...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    broken collarbone. That really sucks

    Rich H

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    come on, thats it. tyler hamilton raced on. get well from all of us in service.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Tim Jackson said…

    Dude...

    How many times have I told you not to scratch the Masi? Do I have to come up and kick your ass?

    Get well soon, my brother. All the greats had broken collar bones, Merkxc, Hinault, Fignon, me... get better.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger blue squirrel said…

    - yes, breakin'g the ol' cb again truly sucks, especially with my current form.

    - unfortunitly my team of doctors were not present, or i could have pulled a tyler and been drugged up and finished, wait i am drugged up right now, oh well.

    - scratch my masi, are u nuts, even at 30mph+ end'o, i had time to hit the ground first and throw myself under the bike. i lovingly put her on the side of the road and wrapped her in bubble wrap before i pucked and than passed out from the pain.

    ed. typing with one hand is .........

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was there and i saw the whole thing. TRUE. Becher was working hard and attacking on the outside. I was drafting. We were in good position to lay on the pain with a lap and a half to go. Then a rider (half wheeling I'm sure) over corrected left then right. Two riders collided. Then Becher with a crash in front and the curb to the right, struck them. At 30 mph... OUCH! Bech UR the man. Get well soon. It'll be lonely on Big Tujunga w/o U cursing the cars.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger James T said…

    Oh man, sorry to hear about your wreck. Even if you did scratch your Masi, I wouldn't worry too much about Tim coming up to kick your ass. I am pretty sure you could take him with the one good arm.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home