blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Friday, April 04, 2008

HIGH TIM

[news flash, masiguy seen training with big-foot in local mountains]

tim went to a top secret masi brand camp in big bear lake this past week and got in some good ol' fashion high altitude training. it was suppose to snow, which it didn't, but he did get to put some of the extra weight in the freezer, as it was hovering around 32 [that would be 0 for all you euro types]. i will have tim explain his make shift thermal booties himself or how to turn team aero booties into thermal booties. it reminds me of the time a few years back while i was in arizona training and got caught un-aware's that it would be 32 degrees at 6am, so i found myself in a 24hr wal-mart buying gardening gloves so i could get some feeling back in my hands. apparently i can only fit one hand in my mouth at time to warm them up.


[looking good in the over challenged team wind jacket, yet not cold enough for the cap]



[there you go, now it is cold enough for the cap, but just a wind vest]



[one sweet looking team bike with a very special red grouppo]

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Tim Jackson said…

    Ok, so I didn't have the hat on on the first ride because I didn't realize it was going to be 27 degrees outside when I left at 6:30 in the morning. The jacket actually worked really well in the cold though- I was pretty shocked. I wore the thermal arm warmers and a base layer too and it was enough that I had to open the sleeve vents. BUT... the lycra shoe covers didn't do any good at all! So the next morning I put on my shoes like normal, but I put a plastic grocery bag on my shoe before putting on the shoe cover. Then, I just used some scissors to trim off the bag sticking out the top and around the cleat. Voila! An aero cover with wind protection! My feet still got cold, but they didn't freeze to the point that they hurt. And, on the second ride on the first day ( I rode twice that day) I only needed the vest because the air was a bit warmer... though it was super windy... and I wore the cap to make sure my head was warm enough with the wind blowing like it was... and the weather report calling for rain.

    Happy now?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home