blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Saturday, March 29, 2008

MY SDSR

[stage 2, other posts to follow, as stefan is holding his own and making the team proud]



today was not my day. i started at the rear and paid the price, my nerve was weak, my heart was strong, i battled on.

my group grew, my legs battled from behind, my determination did not fail me, my nerve was silenced, my heart was strong, we battled on.

we collected more and more, my legs grew quicker, KOM climb eased it's grip on my legs, my determination strengthened, our pace quickened, my nerve nearly back, but alas my group of soldiers were pulled, today was not my day, that is bike racing.

i will strengthen my nerve, i will erase the pain of cracking bones, i will move to the front, i will set the pace.

i will hold my head up high, as i did not quit the conflict today. i will battle on, i will train harder, i will go faster, i will make them pay with my hard efforts. that is bike racing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Tim Jackson said…

    That's why we never give up; you never know when the entire front of the field will falter and you could find yourself in a position to capitalize.

    Keep the faith and keep the legs turning.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger blue squirrel said…

    yesterday we lost 60 guys in our field of 100

     

Post a Comment

<< Home