blue squirrel

after a self-imposed 20 year absence from cycling, the sport i love, i am back and dedicated to holding my own in the superfast 40+ catagory. this blog will tell the journey, the highs and the lows, the team [team becher+] and it's cast of characters, our sponsors, supporters, and other local riders that make it happen... [anonymous comments are lame, cowboy up and put a name or start a blog]

Sunday, February 24, 2008

MASI UPDATE

i got an email from don the owner of the sweet 70's MASI gran crit in the previous post. he updated me on the history of the bike, sent the picture of the sweet MASI branded frame pump and has a few questions for us. so if any one can help him narrow down the background on the bike, he would be very grateful.

don's gran crit's history and question:
I'd love to know if mine was actually built by Mario Confente. It does not have a serial number, merely "58" stamped on the bottom bracket. One of the guys on the Vintage Bikes ride thought that it might have been an early demo for bike shops; I bought it from John's Bike Shop in Pasadena in the late 70's, and it had been there a while. They had the new models with braze-ons and six-speed freewheels-mine is a 10-speed!


[PRO]

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well I can't say I know much about bike from that time, but looking at the pictures,I saw a striking resemblance to my dad's 60's-ish Olmo. I did a lot of work on the bike getting it back into ridable condition, and then it got stolen. I noticed that the rear derailur, the frame joints and the cable fasteners on the frame were almost identical to the Olmo. I don't know if that helps, but it is what I know.

    Stefan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home